Install your skirtings
Pergo has a wide range of skirtings for finishing the necessary expansion joint around your floor. You can choose for a perfect colour-match or opt for a white or paintable skirting to match your walls.
- Start by measuring the walls of your room from corner to corner.
- Use a circular saw to cut the skirtings to the right angle.
- Pergo skirtings can be attached in various ways.
- Glue: apply a layer of glue evenly to each skirting and then press it firmly in place.
- Plugs: use plugs to connect skirtings, even in corners, so they align perfectly.
- Clips: For PGSK skirtings only. An easy-to-use snap-in system that needs no nails or screws. The clips are used on the floor and make the joint between the Pergo floor and the skirting, so that the skirting is not attached to the wall.
For a totally watertight finish, fill the expansion gaps between the wall and floor with the Foamstrip and apply Pergo Aqua Sealant, which is a transparent silicone. Smooth it out evenly. Seal the joint between your laminate floor and skirtings with Aqua Sealant or use the Hydrostrip for a watertight finish.
Install profiles for a seamless transition
The versatile Incizo® profile gives your floor that perfect finish and offers multiple profile solutions.
- Expansion profile: guarantee a seamless transition between two laminate floors of the same height.
- Adapter profile: eliminate height differences between different floor levels.
- End profile: create a transition to a window or sliding door.
- Transition profile: guarantee a seamless transition to other floor types (f.e. carpet or ceramic).
- Stair nose: finish off a staircase.
A profile is needed in every doorway when installing a floating floor. We also recommend using a profile when installing your laminate floor in really large areas.
Finishing touch to your laminate floor
It’s the little details that make the difference. Why not add an extra finishing touch to your room?
- Elegantly finish off joints around heating elements and pipes with Pergo’s Pipe covers.
- Use the Pergo Coloured Sealant to add a finishing touch to those places where you aren’t able to install skirtings, but be sure to avoid filling necessary dilatation gaps.
Perfect finish for your stairs
Why not cover your stairs with our Pergo Incizo® profiles? All you need is some glue, measuring tape, a circular saw and some basic DIY skills.
- Completely remove the old floor covering from the stairs, and make sure the stairs are clean and level.
- Measure the first stair, and then use a circular saw to cut your plank to the dimensions of its vertical side (the riser). Glue the plank in place.
- Place the Incizo® aluminium subprofile on the top edge of the stair and screw firmly into place.
- Measure the horizontal side of the stair (the tread), cut your plank to size and glue it down, making sure that it fits snugly against the riser.
- Cut the Incizo® profile in the right shape, add glue and click into the aluminium subprofile.